【Establishing a Specialized Commercial Court】In corresponding with significant reforms on the adjudication of commercial cases, and fulfilling the characteristics required in handling major commercial disputes: consistency, efficiency, appropriateness, and expertise
- To realize the exclusive jurisdiction for major commercial cases and the consistency, efficiency, appropriateness, and expertise required, the new-amended Intellectual Property and Commercial Court Organization Act has adopted new measures as follows: establishing the commercial court, revising and renaming the Intellectual Property Court Organization Act, and merging the commercial court and the intellectual property court into the “intellectual property and commercial court.”The new Act, promulgated by the president on January 15, 2020, will take effect on July 1, 2021.
Here come the features of the commercial court:
- In our court structure, the commercial court ranks at the high court's level and applies the "two levels and two instances" court system to solve major commercial cases promptly.
- Based on the principle of specialized adjudication, judges should receive professional training before appointments. Moreover, through a series of selection and training, attorneys, scholars, or public servants who hold commercial expertise can become judges as well.
- The commercial investigation officers are experts specializing in one(or more than one) of the following fields: accounting, investments, financial analysis, economics, and the financial market. They assist judges in the collection, analysis, and assessment of commercial materials and questions.
- Release Date : 2020-01-15
- Update : 2021-01-21